Chocolate-covered-rolled-in-tobacco-leaves-dusted-with-Oxy cockroaches that won't die and that Dittoheads just eat alive ... and they can't stay away from them.
In response to the Media Matters story we posted about earlier, Rush Limbaugh did a Rush-job. To apologize to anyone who was offended when he implied that you can tell the difference between "real soldiers" and "phony soldiers" via party affiliation? Hell no! He, of course, rushed to get his story straight.
Oh, no, says Rush. I was talkin' about one guy. A guy who really was a phony soldier. In order to prove he was "taken out of context" by Media Matters, Rush edited out a full minute and a half of the previous day's broadcast, and then replayed it so the DH's would know what all the fuss is about. Oh, the persecution! *sob!* The absent 90+ seconds included the exchange between Rush and a caller that puts his "phony soldiers" comment squarely in the context of a general conversation about how success in Iraq is a great threat to Democrats. That's right, Rush. Let's make all the Democrats who are deployed come home, 'cause you know they're sabotaging this whole brilliant plan. HELLO! JACKASS! This is your brain on drugs ...
In the original broadcast, Rush goes along with the caller's characterization of "real soldiers," and does so right on the heels of having accused the previous caller of: 1. not being a Republican (even though the caller said he was a Republican); and, 2. never having served in the military (even though the caller described himself as "military"). Why didn't you believe that first caller, Rush? Precisely because his stance on the war was, obviously, different from Rush's. There's your context.
More importantly, however, the minute and a half gap in the replay conveniently put Rush's "phony soldiers" comment closer in time to his rant about Jesse MacBeth whom he called a "fake soldier" and a hero propped up by the left. Some hero - I never even heard of the guy. I must not be visiting all the right "moonbat" blogs and I have to remember to drink all my Kool-Aid before I go to bed. In my moonbat cave.
In the "persecution broadcast" (as I've decided to call it), Rush proceeded to lecture listeners on "The Anatomy of a Smear." Presumably he didn't rely on his own notes. I like all his smears, but I'm especially fond of his smears of defenseless 13-year old girls (of course, he had a good explanation for that one too). Working up much sympathy for Rush yet, you non-Dittohead-commie-unAmerican-apple pie hatin' bastards? As for this "explanation," all I can say is: Sloppy, sloppy, sloppy. Geez, Rush. Even Nixon knew to erase a full 18 minutes. GTL over at The Gun Toting Liberal has a couple of solid posts on this whole thing, as well as an extensive list of Rush's advertisers and sponsors ... which I, myself, intend to make good use of.
Anyway, many of the Dittoheads are out in full force on "the internets" calling the "phony soldierS" story (that's plural) a "phony story." We've all been had by the "liberal media" again! What the hell has happened to integrity and honor in this country when people are lining up to defend the likes of Rush Limbaugh? "Phony soldiers" really isn't that big a leap after, as GTL puts it, years of failing to support the entire military, and after calling someone like Iraq war veteran - and DEMOCRAT - Paul Hackett "a staff puke" who only joined up to pad his resume. ???? And from that same clip, Rush neglected to point out (although I'm sure he meant to do so) how Max Cleland got his limbs blown off in an effort to pad his resume. These liberals are shameless, I tell you - hiding their liberalism by joining the military. But, please, defenders of Rush, do so loudly. I like to know who the dumbasses are so I can steer clear.
Here's the kicker: Rush actually thinks it's "rich" that Senator John Kerry denounced him for the "phony soldiers" statement because, according to Rush, some men who served with Kerry didn't think too highly of him. He specifically cites the debunked, defanged, disgraced Swiftboat vets here. Let that sink in for a minute.
Remind me again, "4F," who did you serve with? I'd love to ask your comrades in arms what they thought of you during the war. Unfortunately, there's no one to ask, but I bet you could get the same Swifboat Veterans Lying for Money to swear on a stack (of 100's) you were with them in Vietnam. Give 'em a call. Yes, Rush Limbaugh is actually indignant that John Kerry - the same John Kerry who volunteered for service and went to Vietnam, who returned a decorated war veteran, and who courageously testified before Congress at age 27 in order to express his concern and frustration over how a war he knew all too well, and firsthand, was being prosecuted - has the nerve to criticize him when it comes to public statements about our military. And the Dittoheads agree because in their mashed-up universe, Rush Limbaugh has more honor and credibility than the likes of John Kerry and all the rest of the phony soldiers.
Fortunately, most of us don't live in that mashed-up universe:
And, as Joe Pesci famously said in the movie My Cousin Vinny: I'm trew wit dis guy.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.