I actually got choked up reading this post entitled The Real Deal from a blog called Army of Dude: Reporting on Truth, Justice and the American Way of War, which I'll now be adding to "V&V Favorites." The post speaks for itself and I wish I had discovered it before I did my own post about the Limbaugh idiocy (redundant, n'est ce pas?).
Also, GTL of The Gun-Toting Liberal revealed a surprising fact about himself earlier today in response to the aforementioned Limbaugh idiocy. I know all the V&V'ers join me in saluting his stance. As for those of my political ilk who think it's okay to criticize our soldiers for "fighting in an illegal war" and thereby "obeying an unlawful order," get stuffed. The biggest American failure of the last decade will prove to be a fat and happy and stupid citizenry that didn't demand enough integrity or excellence from its so-called leaders. Take your guilty consciences out on somebody besides the troops who are continuously called upon to put their money where everybody eles's big mouths are.
Thank you so much for this post and the several before it supporting ALL of our troops. I'm proud of all of our military service members and it is people like yourself, GTL, and others to speak up loudly when we do not agree with the current plans and use of our military.
ReplyDeleteScrew Rush Limbaugh! Sorry, my Torret's was kicking up there.
Now, Papamoka, as I'm sure you know, Rush has declared Torret's a "phony" disease. He has probably done so more than once, but I heard him making fun of that disease in one broadcast with my own ears around 15 years ago. I can tell you this - the struggling adolescent kid and his tortured mother who sat beside me at NIH while I was waiting for an appointment were two of the most convincing "fakers" I ever saw - the kid was obviously suffering from that phony disease. I wish I had heard Rush's broadcast before I had seen them, because then I wouldn't have wasted my compassion on them (she types with sarcasm dripping).
ReplyDeleteYes, I actually used to listen to Rush Limbaugh. A loooong time ago. Not every day, but sometimes. I don't know why. It was after hearing that very broadcast that I stopped. I realized Rush Limbaugh was a careless, callous, blowhard jerk and he has proven me right every day since then.
Anyway, thanks for the thanks and for your contributions to the discoourse as well. Have a good week and check in anytime.