Love Letters

Just Wondering can be contacted at justwondering[DOT]vandv@gmail[DOT]com. Please, unless you are a person I have lambasted or are related to a person I have lambasted and need to set me straight, no hate mail. I don't get paid enough to put up with that kind of thing. Have I ever mentioned this is a "salary-free zone?"

Friday, September 19, 2008

Joe Biden and I Are "Sick and Tired of This Phoniness." Aren't You?

McCain/Palin: Needy, Schmeedy. Let's Bail Out the Greedy.

Republican Presidential Nominee, John McMAIN (Middle. Class. My. Ass. I'm. Not.)

From CBS News, we learn that Katie Couric asked Joe Biden yesterday about Gov. Sarah Palin's now oft-repeated criticism of Joe linking paying taxes with patriotism during this time of war.

Of course, the McCain/Palin - or Palin/McCain - campaign (I, like John McCain, am not sure which it is anymore) have to resort to telling lies just to be able to launch their empty quips.

They start by stating that "raising taxes" isn't patriotism. They conveniently leave out a couple of Joe's key points because, well, that's what you have to do when you take things out of context. Hey, Governor! They aren't going to raise taxes for 95% of Americans. And I notice you never mention veterans' care or how strongly Joe feels about it, how he has often stated that caring for those we send into battle is a country's only "sacred duty."

Yeah, yeah. We know. You think a nation's only sacred duty is to protect the powerful. How very status quo of you. Of course, never let the facts get in the way of a good line in a smartass contest, Governor. Too bad presidential campaigns are a little more "higher stakes" than nah-nah-nah-nah-boo-boo. Let's let Joe speak for himself:

"There's been quite a brouhaha about your comment about paying higher taxes for those making $250,000 a year and over is the patriotic thing to do," Couric said to Biden while riding on his campaign bus.
[cut]
"How many small businessmen are making $1,400,000 a year average in the top 1 percent?" Biden responded. "Give me a break. I remind my friend John McCain what he said when Bush called for war and tax cuts he said, 'it is immoral, immoral to take a nation to war and not have anybody pay for it.'"

"I am so sick and tired of this phoniness," Biden continued. "The truth of the matter is that we are in trouble, and the people who do not need a new tax cut should be willing as patriotic Americans to understand the way to get this economy back up on their feet is to give middle class taxpayers a break. We take the tax cut they're getting and we give it to the middle class."
I'm sick of the phoniness and trickery too, Joe.

And I'm sick of brain-washed idjits on comment threads accusing Democrats, of just "wanting government to take care of you" and "to clean up your messes." Do you ever read a newspaper?
File this next part under "What idjits don't know and can't handle:" I, a registered Democrat, would just like to get the government to start by cleaning up the many, many messes of its own making. You know - those which have resulted from the following: irresponsible troop deployment (including the probably illegal invasion of Iraq), deregulation of business which has impacted us both financially and environmentally, censorship, propaganda (illegally paid for with taxpayer money), unconstituional searches and seizures, other civil rights violations, a dysfunctional D.O.J., incompetence, corruption, disdain for the rule of law, our loss of moral standing in the world (thanks, John Yoo!), the utter lack of vision that has been on display these last 8 years ... is that enough? Can I stop now?

It's even worse for the idjits, because they voted for our current president - twice - so it's really their messes I want cleaned up. Keep in mind, I'm not talking about the people who so voted, but who have enough sense to have "Buyer's Remorse." I'm talking about the idjits.

So, idjits, don't pop off and tell me how I just want the government to clean up my mess. I want somebody to clean up your damn mess. Who's gonna do it? Sarah Palin? You? No thanks. Oh, you could help, certainly, but that would require you to abandon your philosophy of willful blindness and undergo some deprogramming. Based on what you write, I don't like your chances.

Have a good weekend. Even you idjits. You're God's children too, whether you know it or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.